Did you know?

Only 9.02% of the U.S. population traveled to an overseas destination, excluding Canada and Mexico, from 1989-1999 (Office of Travel and Tourism Industries).



Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Out of the Office

As soon as I got home, I started sending emails, making phone calls, and Skyping my family back home. The English Language Fellow Program was supposed to make my flight arrangements, but they were all in New York for the national TESOL conference. I tried my Regional English Language Officer (RELO), but she was also out of the office/country!

To top things off, the long walk had really agitated my ankle, which was swelling more and more by the minute. Luckily, I had a bag of frozen peas and used it for a make-shift ice pack.

Around 10:00pm, I Skyped my father back in Texas. It was then that I pulled out my Fellowship Manual and saw the contact information for someone at the U.S. Department of State. He called the number, and we had a mock conference call. The man we spoke to knew exactly who and where I was, and he promised to help.

At least the day ended on a positive note.