Did you know?

Only 9.02% of the U.S. population traveled to an overseas destination, excluding Canada and Mexico, from 1989-1999 (Office of Travel and Tourism Industries).



Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The First Snow

The weather forecasters were right! They predicted a 70% chance of snow last night and when I woke up around 4am I found the streets were already covered. I went back to bed but set my alarm for 7am so I could snap a few photos before the sun came up. The sidewalks were clear when I went out at 11am and by the mid-afternoon most of the snow had melted. The temps are projected to be between 32-36 F for the next few days and more sleet/snow is possible. I'm so happy I have a warm winter coat with a nice hood and plenty of scarves; it isn't so bad when you're all bundled up like an Eskimo!