Did you know?

Only 9.02% of the U.S. population traveled to an overseas destination, excluding Canada and Mexico, from 1989-1999 (Office of Travel and Tourism Industries).



Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Flight and Arrival

I left San Antonio on Monday, September 3 at 11:55am and flew to Washington, DC, then Frankfurt, Germany, and finally to Minsk, Belarus. I arrived on Tuesday, September 4 at 2:00pm. Belarus is 8 hours ahead of Central Standard Time, which means my trip was 18 hours long! The airport in Minsk is quite small, with only 4 or 5 gates. I made it threw customs, immigration, and purchased my mandatory health insurance without a hitch ($85.00 for one year). To my surprise most of the people spoke English, although I did use my very first “spasiba” (thank you). Someone from the U.S. Embassy was there to greet me and all of my luggage, which also made it without any problems. So far so good!